This week we started our new Family Economy. In a nutshell it’s a way for the kids to earn a wage, not an allowance. You lucky individuals will get to read more about that next week.
Homeschool was just a typical week. My older boys are still doing very well, although I’ve learned I really need to encourage better writing. Sweet Pea is getting caught up on his lessons. He’s behind since we switched curricula 10 days in. Peanut has had a reading breakthrough this week. For whatever reason it’s finally clicking, and I see some excitement in him when he reads sentences. I’ve also seen him ‘reading’ books where he looks at the illustrations and paraphrases with what he sees. That’s awesome! I think that’s a great way for him to become interested in books.
I was contacted by Carina from www.midfulground.com about her 30 Day Living Mindfully Blog Challenge. Since living more deliberately is one of my desires (you can read about that here), I’ve decided to sign up. It’s free and best of all, you have the chance to win 4 1:1 coaching sessions with Carina by entering your blog posts. Bonus and bonus.
Don’t Be a Blog Bully was the post that received the most views for the week. I was nervous hitting publish only because I was worried you all would think I was a whiner. I also didn’t want anyone to think I was trying to get an “Oh, poor Missy,” response. It seemed to resonate with quite a few people, and that makes me feel, well, giddy! I love love love that I could write something other people can relate to. That’s why we blog, isn’t it?
So I lied. I really don’t have a Soapbox for today. What I do have are all the nominees for the Awards I wrote about here.
The Sunshine Award
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Chaos with a Curve and Enjoying the Life
- Share 11 random facts about yourself. You can read those here.
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. Same place as above.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate answer & let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
Here are the 22 nominees.
- Blessed Learners
- Surviving Toddlerhood
- P is for Preschooler
- Pary Moppins
- Hint Mama
- Happy Kids, Inc.
- My Style Spot
- Mami Bliss
- This Momma’s Ramblings
- Independent Travel Cats
- Life as a Field Trip
- From the Burbs to the Boonies
- Growing Up Madison
- Called To Be A Mom
- Bee Tree Studios
- Renew Your Space
- The Liebers
- Kimberly Vensel Photoagraphy
- Making Our Life Matter
- Words I Wheel By
- Avec Mes Zèbres
Here are your 11 questions to answer:
- Paper or plastic?
- What’s your favorite movie of all time?
- When do you begin decorating for the holidays? (whichever one you celebrate)
- What is your earliest memory?
- Have you ever named your vehicle?
- What’s your favorite Fall activity?
- What music genre is your favorite?
- What would your ideal day look like?
- How do you relax?
- What was the best meal you ever ate?
- What’s one thing you’d like people to know about you?
Versatile Blogger Award
- Upon receiving the award the blogger must acknowledge the blogger that has presented the award. Mami Bliss
- Name 15 deserving bloggers.
- Let em’ know they’ve been nominated.
- List 7 Interesting facts about yourself. Did that in a previous post.
Here are 15 more awesome bloggers!
- KoKoa Magazine
- A Dish of Daily Life
- In Him Inspiration
- Experienced Bad Mom
- Creative K Kids
- Forever Fitting In
- Doofy Dizee
- Revel and Design
- Brielle and Me
- Camii Soul
- Zucchini Summer
- Things in my Head Blog
- Life with Lorelai
- Confessions of a Pastor’s Family
- Fashion and Fun After Fifty
This is a really long list of blogs! Each one of these blogs are written by people who have commented on my blog posts in the last week. Have I mentioned how grateful I am for the time and attention that each of you pay my blog? Because I am grateful, so very grateful. Some of you may have received these awards before and even received it from me. You are just that awesome.
IF I missed you, it wasn’t intentional, and I’m so sorry. I have another blog award to post about so I’ll try to get you on that one.