For the third week in a row, I’ve been nominated for a blog award, my second Liebster. Did you hear my high-pitched girly squeal? No? Good. That would have been embarrassing.
This nomination comes from a blog that recently came on my radar: Creative Ramblings. This blog is written by Sarah who describes herself as a Thrifty DIYer. Who doesn’t love that? Not only does Sarah blog, she has an Etsy shop, Original Greetings, where she sells her handmade cards, banners, labels and more.
I’m really grateful to Sarah for thinking of me with this nomination. It’s always so much fun to be acknowledged by other bloggers.
This award is given to newer blogs by other bloggers as a way to promote and show appreciation to each other.
The following rules apply to those who have been nominated:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
The questions I was given are:
1. What made you start a blog? I like writing, and I’ve thought about blogging for quite a while but wasn’t sure people would want to read what I’d have to write about. One day I just decided to go for it so I did. That was just a little over two months ago.
2. What effect has blogging had on your life and your family? Good question. My kids love it. They hear, “Wait a minute, I’ve got to take a picture of that for my blog,” a lot. My husband works a lot of hours, so it hasn’t affected him much at all. There’s a lot more, “My blog this” and “My blog that,” in discussions now. I feel like I’m creating something, and that’s an awesome feeling. I enjoy reading people’s comments, especially when they are first-timers to my blog. I LOVE making people laugh, so when I get comments saying I’ve done that, it makes my whole day.
3. Who is your biggest supporter? I’d have to say all my kids. They love the idea that I’m published on the internet and they’re included in that. My husband is a close second.
4. Where do you write? I have a little office in our home with a huge old cluttered computer desk. This is my command central. I write, pay bills, help the kids with their schoolwork, and even on occasion sew in this room.
5. How do you overcome writer’s block? Well, I believe I have an adult form of ADD, so my brain goes a million miles an hour all the time AND all those thoughts lead to me not really having to deal with writers block. But, I do go days without writing a word other than comments on other blogs. Then, I’ll sit down and pound out 4-5 posts. Weird.
6. What is your favorite go to recipe? I’m not sure I have just one-I’d say my family’s favorites are biscuits and gravy and lasagna.
7. What did you have for breakfast? I had a banana with Chocolate Factory Chocolate Peanut Butter and coffee. Breakfast of champions.
8. What is your favorite season and why? Fall, hands down. I love everything about it, the food, the smells, the colors, the weather, bonfires, sweatshirts and jeans, and of course my birthday is in October.
9. If you could spend a $500 gift card at any one, what store would it be? Oh that would be Amazon, fo’ sho. So many books, so little time…and a ton of other really cool stuff I’ve had on my wishlist forever.
10. Better way to connect with your followers; Facebook or Twitter? That’s a hard one. I’ve always been a Facebook fan so I’d have to say that. Twitter is sneaking up there though. It’s a better way to interact publicly in real-time.
The Blogs I’m Nominating Are: (Based on Bloglovin Followers)
Ladies, please answer the same 10 questions I was given above.
There is something here for everyone, folks. Head on over and check some of these out. You won’t be disappointed.
And again, thank you so very much for the Leibster, Sarah.